Converting plain text into html paragraphs

I'm trying to write a function that converts plain text into paragraphs wrapped around <p> tags. Here's an input/output example: Input: $text = <<< OUTParagraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 3OUT; Output:$text = <<< OUT<p>Paragraph 1</p><p>Paragraph 2</p><p>Paragraph 3</p>OUT; Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks a lot.

So they will essentially be blocks of text? Where are you retrieving this information from - user input, a file, a database? Kind regards, Lab

1. Normalize the text by converting all "\r\n" sequences to "\n", and all "\r" characters to "\n", in that sequence. If you don't want empty paragraphs, convert multiple "\n" characters to a single "\n". Do that one last. 2. Using "\n" as a delimiter, split the text into an array. Each array element is a paragraph. 3. Loop through the array and add opening and closing <p></p> tags to each element. 4. Turn the array back into a string.

I'm trying to write a function that converts plain text into paragraphs wrapped around <p> tags. Here's an input/output example: Input: $text = <<< OUT Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 3OUT; Output:$text = <<< OUT <p>Paragraph 1</p><p>Paragraph 2</p><p>Paragraph 3</p>OUT; Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks a lot.
if you're using PHP fwrite,use
<?PHP $content = WHATEVER YUO WANT."\r\n"; $file = 'filedirectory.txt'; $fp = fopen($file, 'a'); fwrite($fp, '<p>');fwrite($fp, $content);fwrite($fp, '</p>'); fclose($fp); ?>

I use the above code to track IP addresses to certain pages on my CMS. so it writes <br /> after, ie.fwrite($fp, $ipaddress);fwrite($fp, '<br />'); etc. Hope I Helped!

Edited by MarkT