Hiding music Player controls

glenvern

How do I hide a music player control bar? I need background music but do not want to see the control bar on screen. I have tried <embed> with control height and width set to 0.I have tried <object> with control height and width set to 0 but still get Quicktime, Real, VLC control bars showing.

Use position: absolute; top: -999em; . It will still be there but not visible to users because it way off the screen. Now, what if someone does not want to hear your background music? I mean every time they hit that page they are going to hear the same tune over and over again which is why you very, very few site using them and for those that do use them they give the user the option to turn it off. That's my two-bits worth. :)

Edited by newseed

How do I hide a music player control bar? I need background music but do not want to see the control bar on screen. I have tried <embed> with control height and width set to 0.I have tried <object> with control height and width set to 0 but still get Quicktime, Real, VLC control bars showing.
Put it inside a DIV,for example;
<div id="player"> Player Code Here</div>

then CSS;

#player {display: none;}