User posted comments

Drae

I couldn't figure out the best place to post this, but if I wanted to create a website that would enable guests to post comments (possibly registered as well), what would I need to know coding-wise?

Might be better off using Wordpress for user accounts and posting.
That's pretty much what ran through my mind when the person asked if I could do it, though it doesn't seem to be a suitable solution for them. Thanks though :) Edited by Drae

I couldn't figure out the best place to post this, but if I wanted to create a website that would enable guests to post comments (possibly registered as well), what would I need to know coding-wise?
All i can suggest,is using PHP with HTML Forms.
 <form type='submitcom.html' method='POST'>Name: <br><input type='text' name='name'><br>Email: <br><input type='email' name='email'><br>Comment: <br><textarea name="comment"></textarea><br><input type='submit' name='submit' value='Login'></form>

Then;

[color=#880000]<?PHP [/color] $name = $_POST['name'][color=#880000]$email = $_POST['email'][/color][color=#880000]$comment = $_POST['comment'][/color] mysql_query[color=#666600]([/color][color=#008800]"INSERT into {TABLE NAME} VALUES ('{$name}', '{$email}', '{$comment}') [/color][color=#666600]?>[/color]

Then in the place where you want the comments;

[color=#000000]<?PHP [/color] mysql_connect [color=#666600]([/color][color=#880000]host,username,password,dbname);[/color] mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM {TABLE NAME}") ?> 

Then echo the results of the select,and style the echo into some sort of table.

Edited by MarkT