Sign in to follow this  
ringnews24

Linkable background

Hi guys, Sorry if this post is in the wrong section. My website is Joomla 3 and I am looking to add a background image that is fixed and clickable. I found some info on this here link http://subin.me/blog/how-to-background-image-ads-using-pure-html-and-css-a-better-quick-and-smarted-way/ but its way over my head, can someone put it in simple terms as I am a newbie at css. Were do I put the html?Were do i put the css?Were do I put the Simple Jquery Solution code? Thanks

Creating a link to use a background image does not require any special script. Here's a very simple method: HTML: <a class="speciallink" href="your-url">Text Link with background</a> CSS: a.speciallink {background-image: url('your-image-file-path') Now you may want something more than what I provided here but this is the concept in a nutshell.

I have not used Joomla since release 1.5 but more than likely there should be a theme editor to allow you to edit the css. I think it's under Template Manager.

You will need to read the Joomla documentation. As I said before, I have not touched it since release 1.5 and that was about 3-4 years ago. However, try to determine which css is considered a default and put it in there. Do the same for the html if you are planning on adding it to the theme's file(s). Otherwise you can add the html to the post/page via the admin.

or link a new style sheet in the head and put all your new css in there and upload it to the corresponding directory. (root directory in this example)

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/stylesheetname.css">