Conditional Sum: Help Please

jamarogers

Hi All, I'm a newbie here and to xml/xslt code. I've viewed the tutorials more than once and several on Youtube, but remain a bit confused with SUM(). Here's what I've got...an xml of what I think is called a flat structure(many Point elements to one Gather element). This xml is auto generated, so not much I can do about its format. Some of the data points (Point) are +(left of a flight path), while others are -(right of a flightpath). I wish to determine an average flght path deviation and don't really care whether its right(-) or left(+). I've figured out the code to sum them all, count and divide, but that does not give a true (absolute) deviation, since the negatives are subtracted from the positives.My thoughts are to sum all - and multiply by -1, then add back to sum of all + and divide by count of ALL.Here's my code:This works and outputs a list of ALL Point elements...<xsl:for-each select="Gather/Stat/Point"><xsl:value-of select="."/><xsl:text>, </xsl:text></xsl:for-each>This works and sums ALL values of Point...<xsl:for-each select="Gather/Stat"><xsl:text>SumOfAll = </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="sum(Point)" /></xsl:for-each>This works and lists negative values of Point...<xsl:text>ListOfAllLT0 = </xsl:text><xsl:for-each select="Gather/Stat/Point"><xsl:if test=".<0"><xsl:value-of select="."/><xsl:text>, </xsl:text></xsl:if></xsl:for-each>Here's the problem, trying to sum negative values of Point...<xsl:for-each select="Gather/Stat"><xsl:text>SumOfAllLT0 = </xsl:text><xsl:if test=".<0"><xsl:value-of select="sum(Point)" /></xsl:if></xsl:for-each>Help PLEASE!!!Jake