Data sorting and C++

Ignotas

HelloI'm just starting working with web pages and I have an assinment for work to make web application (if you could call it that way) which has to take .txt file from one server then sort data which is in it and then display it on the web page. The data looks like this:2013.5.14 00:03:22;"555000000000000000";22;"ANSWERED". I have to take data lines only from certain date, delete numers which repeat, count their call duration, average call duration and display it on the web page. My question is can make such sorting with Php ? Or can I run programm in server, on click of the button on web page, which would sort it and put it on .txt file from which the page would read it and then display it? Or can I put c++ code inside the web page ? Thank you for any help!

So it's not possible to start a programm in server and then take sorted data from .txt file ? Becouse I already have a programme I only need to make few cganges to it.

you probably could, but since you posted in a PHP forum and asked if it could be done with PHP, I was saying that yes, it could do it. PHP can do all the things you are asking about.