What does a "private" area of a website involve?Webhooks, tokens, APIs?

essaydoctor

What does a "private" area of a website involve?Webhooks, tokens, APIs?
I am developing a website which will allow registered users to register, make a payment, and then get transferred to an area where they write an online essay in a textarea. I DON'T WANT NON-PAYERS TO GO HERE.
The payment mechanism that I want is STRIPE.COM or one of its 3rd party affiliates, such as gohelium.com or spacebox.io .
With STRIPE (or one of its affiliates, such as gohelium.com or spacebox.io), it's very easy to setup, and after a person makes a payment, I have no problem making them visit any page after that, even cnn.com or reddit.com .
However, what I'm wanting to do is redirect them to a site within my webpage that only payed members can enter. I don't want a non-payer to be able to be able to visit this site.
My site is being developed in PHP. How do I create the most austere and simple re-directed site for payed users?

The page that you redirect them back to would only be responsible for verifying that they actually made a successful payment (the payment API should be able to do that), and once you verify that then you would update something related to their account in the database to reflect the payment status. The protected pages would just check to make sure that they have the necessary authorization, the redirection page would be what sets that authorization in the database after they pay.