Session problems

Mudsaf

Alright so now i have problem with my code. Ill explain bit

Index.php

This basically receives data by jQuery get method, lets say from file name "data.php?cat=potato" and in flight i may change the receive get to data.php?cat=carrot

Data.php

//Alright so here i have the problem. I'm starting the sessions like this.session_start();$cat = $_GET['category'];$query_get_data_latest_date = "SELECT * FROM ms_date WHERE category = '$cat' ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 0, 1";$result blablabla... you know it$row_date['date'] //This returns to latest date value (Correctly)$_SESSION['date'] = $row_date['date']; //Returns older value gained before changing WHERE at query.

So basically $_SESSION['date'] sticks to first value created by session and will not update.

Alright so now i have problem with my code. Ill explain bit

Index.php

This basically receives data by jQuery get method, lets say from file name "data.php?cat=potato" and in flight i may change the receive get to data.php?cat=carrot

Data.php

//Alright so here i have the problem. I'm starting the sessions like this.session_start();$cat = $_GET['category'];$query_get_data_latest_date = "SELECT * FROM ms_date WHERE category = '$cat' ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 0, 1";$result blablabla... you know it$row_date['date'] //This returns to latest date value (Correctly)$_SESSION['date'] = $row_date['date']; //Returns older value gained before changing WHERE at query.

So basically $_SESSION['date'] sticks to first value created by session and will not update.

do you have a session_start(); in the index.php? because you didnt mention if you did or didnt, also do you have a query which update the data?

Edited by DDs1

Yes i have session in index.php Also i have jquery script that updates the data with get method every 2s.

This function will be runned in every 2s the cat variable has been created and can be changed with jquery.	function showContent() {	$.get('data.php?category=' + cat function(data) {			if (data != "NOUPDATE") {				$('#mydiv').html(data);			} 		});	}

Yes i have session in index.php Also i have jquery script that updates the data with get method every 2s.

This function will be runned in every 2s the cat variable has been created and can be changed with jquery.	function showContent() {	$.get('data.php?category=' + cat function(data) {			if (data != "NOUPDATE") {				$('#mydiv').html(data);			} 		});	}

what about defining the session on the index page?

The session "$_SESSION['date']" isn't created on index.php page, its removed if it exists.

Edited by Mudsaf

The session "$_SESSION['date']" isn't created on index.php page, its removed if it exists.

i believe it need to be define before it can be removed

I can't tell what the specific problem is, but what you described in the first post doesn't happen. If you set a variable then it's going to have the value that you set to it, it's not going to ignore that and use a different value. I can't tell what is actually happening though from the code you've shown. Maybe the browser is caching results, you can avoid that by adding a unique value to the querystring.

Hah fixed it by own logic. Actually this wasn't my code what i linked but it was very similar.

Thanks for all who tried to help :>

Edited by Mudsaf