Drawing program for windows - witch one?

RAZZ

Hi,I need a small drawing program, that can live up to the following:-Simple interface, maybe a bit like MS paint.-Can work with .png transparency.-Can properly encode .jpg (NOT like MS paint).-has a zoom function, at least 800%.-has a color picker.-has no spy-/nag-ware.A grid-fuction and a gradient tool would also be nice, but isn't required.So basicly I need a slightly better MS paint.I am not interested in a huge program like Gimp or Photoshop, since all the extra features tends to slow down the drawing process.Thank's in advance for any suggestions!

Perhaps a bit more in file size than what you are wanting, but you can try the GIMP. It's really great - and it's Open Source so it is free.It has all of the functionality you mentioned above, plus a lot more. It is closer to Adobe Photoshop then MS Paint.The interface is intimidating, but once you get a bit used to the program, you will grow more comfortable doing simple things in GIMP, as well as more advanced designs. Just read through some tutorials and you'll know your way around soon.GIMP - http://www.gimp.orgtutorials - http://www.gimp.org/tutorials

Thanks guys!Scott - thanks for the link. I downloaded a software called Saint Paint Studio from that page. It looked simple from what I could see in the screen shot.mpoer - yeah, I know (and like) GIMP, but it is a huge program with far too many features for my needs. I like the price, though :)If you know of a smaller program, please let me know.justsomeguy - I have heard Paint Shop Pro mentioned on many occations, but I have never tried it. Is it a large, complicated program or a small, simple one?

Paint.Net, but you'll need the .Net framework, which takes some space.

justsomeguy - I have heard Paint Shop Pro mentioned on many occations, but I have never tried it. Is it a large, complicated program or a small, simple one?
Actually, you can really set it up to be either. It launches quickly, so it feels lightweight. But you can set it up very similar to Photoshop with all the palettes if you want, or you can go minimal and just use it for more basic things. One great thing about Paint Shop is that you can create macros and batch process images. It works great for creating a photo gallery, I can do whatever editing needs to be done on the raw images, and then run a script to resize 40 images to 800x600 or whatever.