HTML: Tool to dispay information from the database

alobi

Hi,

Could some one point me to a tool on Dreamweaver that would allow me to display information from the database , like the datagridview you have in VB, I am needing to display customer hotel booking information for adminstration,: All suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time

I don't think many of us here use Dreamweaver. Have you tried a google search, or the dreamweaver documentation or forums?

Edited by thescientist

You have to build it yourself. PHPMyAdmin is a tool that lets you view databases, but it also lets you edit them and you probably don't want to let your website users alter your databases.

IF you have database created.

(note this is old dreamweaver version method)

Look for Application menu, and create a recordset which is connection configuration to your database, then choose any one of the options shown to show the data, the default being 'dynamic data : dynamic table'.

• Like 1

I am trying to just be able to do a select on few items on the table and display the result so that customer service can use the result to answer questions or make decision. I probably have the wrong idea about what tool I need.

For instance, a customer calls customer service and wants to know about his/her reservation. I want customer service to be able to pull the client information up on the screen to respond to the question.

This part of the site will be password protected.

Thank you for your time

What you need is a web application built with PHP or another server-side language. Javascript may be involved as well, though not required.