Drop Table and recreate template

I am needing to change the data type in a table but it won't allow me to. I usually manually drop and recreate a table but was going to try and use SQL server template since the table is rather large (right click on table-> script table as-> drop and create to) Would you suggest using this template or just manually writing it myself and going from there?

IF  EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[tblStaff]') AND type in (N'U'))DROP TABLE [dbo].[tblStaff]GOUSE [Test]GO/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[tblStaff]    Script Date: 07/10/2013 12:39:35 ******/SET ANSI_NULLS ONGOSET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ONGOCREATE TABLE [dbo].[tblStaff](	[StaffID] [bigint] NOT NULL,	[LastName] [varchar](50) NULL,	[FirstName] [varchar](50) NULL,	[Status] [nvarchar](10) NULL,	[FileNum] [int] NULL,	[Supervisor] [nvarchar](150) NULL,	[extension] [nvarchar](25) NULL,	[JobID] [varchar](10) NOT NULL,	[StartDate] [datetime] NULL,	[EndDate] [datetime] NULL,	[Note] [nvarchar](250) NULL,	[Other] [nvarchar](150) NULL,	[AddedBy] [nvarchar](50) NULL,	[DateRecDeleted] [datetime] NULL,	[DeletedBy] [nvarchar](50) NULL,	[SSMA_TimeStamp] [timestamp] NOT NULL,	[MachineName] [nvarchar](50) NULL) ON [PRIMARY] TEXTIMAGE_ON [PRIMARY]GO
Edited by SqlBeginner

ultimately I have two tables. I'm needing to insert information from one table into the other but I get the error about the fields I'm needing to insert to being too small. (issue from previous post) I was just going to change the data type in the empty table and then do my insert but I got the error message. So that's why I was looking to drop and recreate. The table I was going to drop is ultimately empty so I thought that'd be the best one to drop and recreate.