Difficulty with DIV Height in

Felipe Ramalho

Html Source
<!DOCTYPE html><html>	<head>	<meta charset="utf-8">	<link rel="stylesheet" href="Style.css">	<title> W3Schools</title>	</head>	<body>	<div id="container">	<div id="business">Business</div>	<div id="menu">Menu</div>	<div id="mid">Mid</div>	<div id="foot">Foot</div>	</div>	</body></html>
Css Source
#container{	width:97%;	max-width:960px;	min-width:800px;	margin:1em auto;	background-color:#EBC79E;} #business{background-color:#8E6B23;}#menu{	width:15%; height:50%;	background-color:#238E68;}#mid{ width:50%; height:50%; background-color:#99CC32;}#foot{width:100%; height: 15%; background-color:#4A766E;}

Example Layout

Layout.gif

Layout Desire! Using''%''
I do not know how to operate the'''' HEIGHT
I put all inside the div # container - And Still does not work.
I need an explanation or the W3Schools Explaining this Article

What doe "work" mean and what are you using for positioning?

What doe "work" mean and what are you using for positioning?

Use a Div Container!
And I do the other Div within this DIV Container!
Soruce of the Code is all in the First Post.

The reason he asked what "work" means is that we don't know what you are expecting to be happening vs what is happening, since you didn't specify anything at all about what is happening.

But to get anything to show, you need to put some content in the divs, like text in between <p> or <h1> tags for example or else they will just stay collapsed, or you need to give explicit height in px's (min-height for example is common). % will work when there is a height to gauge the current elements height. If none of the elements have content, they have no height, so 15% of 0, is 0%.

• 1 month later...

Maybe something like...

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta charset="utf-8"><title>Percent Felipe</title><style>#container{width:97%;max-width:960px;min-width:800px;margin:1em auto;background-color:#EBC79E;} #business{height: 90px;background-color:#8E6B23;}#menu{width:15%; background-color:#238E68;margin:10px 0;height:300px;float:left;}#mid{ width:50%; height:300px; background-color:#99CC32;float:left;margin:10px 0 10px 10%;}#foot{width:100%; height: 50px; background-color:#4A766E;clear:both;}</style></head><body><div id="container"><div id="business">Business</div><div id="menu">Menu</div><div id="mid">Mid</div><div id="foot">Foot</div></div></body></html>

Or look at...

http://unsemantic.com/