Colors get changed

antonasr

I am modifying a client's site at present. A modification to the current banner image (a logo) is needed. Hence I asked him to send me the new image, done on the present image. (Hence no pixel change, just the colors). When I inserted the new image, I can see the colors have changed, giving a more glowing look. I cannot figure our how and why. Anyone has an idea? Following is the CSS code that inserts the image.

#header{
height: 200px; /*Height of top section*/
background-image:url(images/header_new2.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
position:relative;
}
Thanks,
Anton

Without knowing more about the colors they used, I'm going to say different monitors display colors differently. My son works a printshop and just recently told me that. He also said Apple in general or a specific Apple monitor is best for viewing color.

isn't it as simple as the fact that image has changed, this it would look different? It's really hard to tell without seeing the images.

isn't it as simple as the fact that image has changed, this it would look different? It's really hard to tell without seeing the images.

Thanks thescientist,

I tried attaching the original version of the new banner image. So that you could have seen the difference with the image I have uploaded to the site "www.miraculoussrilanka.com" already. But the image is larger than 500kb, hence I cannot upload it here.

Yes, nothing but the colors have changed, giving it a more glowing look.

Anton

Without knowing more about the colors they used, I'm going to say different monitors display colors differently. My son works a printshop and just recently told me that. He also said Apple in general or a specific Apple monitor is best for viewing color.

Thanks Niche,

Well what you say could be right. But I tried on several monitors including Apple's. The problem still continues.

Anton

Hey, found the cause.

The new banner image has been done using the CMYK color scheme (I did not know this before). So when HTML/CSS inserts a CMYK image on a web page, it converts to RGB format. This conversion could alter some colors due to incompatibility. I got the same image done using RGB format and added it, it is fine now.

Thanks

• 1 month later...