XML Characterset editing software

paetje

Hi I'm working on a project with XML based websites. All the content is stored in a XML file. This XML file is transformed with XSL-T. This works all fine. :) Now I made my websites on this way to easely edit my website with a program called XMetal. In here you can update the content of youre XML tags. This also works.But when I use special characters It's getting strange. I can and may use the caracters, I told my XSL to encode as ISO-8859-1. I can use the caracters and save them. But when I load a saved page I get strage caracters from another caracterset. This means I have to change all the lost characters everytime I want to edit my page. :) Does anyone has a solution? :)

I don't get it. You mean you want to switch from one charset to another? If that's the case, you would have to create a server side script that would be aware of the differences in the charsets used (you would manually have to point those differences) and will edit the document to comply with them. There's no other way.If we're talking static documents' incompatability: Use a single charset in all of your XMLs and XSLTs.

I want the same characterset evereywhere. And I've done that. If I open in a browser, notepad, Dreamweaver is show the caracters well. But the edit program XMetal still makes different characters. But it does work with a DTD so I thougt there might be a opportunity. Untill then I'll look opon a solution within XMetal.Tnx for thinking with me. :)