Shoutbox

Mudsaf

Hello, i've been developing my own shoutbox. Please rate the shoutbox. If you have any improvement ideas please reply here :). Currently smileys: [sMILEN][sMILEC][sMILEA][sMILES][sMILEH][GOODNIGHT][ALPHABETS]. I know the alphabets smiley requires bit editing.

Link to shoutbox: http://beta.mudsaf.info/shoutbox.php

Also forgot to tell that below filters are not done.

• Norwegian (Couple of words)
  • Danish (Small amount)
  • Swedish (Some)
  • English (Medium amount)
  • Finnish (Alot)

If you want to help me add cursewords join channel "Cursewords" & curse all you like. (Not those who doesn't want to see cursing). Also keep filters enabled so you can spot new words. Feel free to use fake-email like asd@asd.com.

The styling & functionally is made for Google Chrome browser atm, will edit after for all other browsers. (Other browsers might have some styling issues). Also there seems to be some issue with text-styles that is working on local server (checking it out).

• Fixed text-styles (Uploaded less database information as possible and it required one which i didn't upload. Table uploaded & script should work.
  • Fixed message area including text if user doesn't have JavaScript enabled.
  • Fixed displaying website structure.

Edited by Mudsaf

Hi, the first thing i noticed was how big is your header, if you see this forum's header is very small.

Also the page keep refreshing, i found the setting, 2 seconds is a very short time. Remember that the webserver is a computer that handles every request, in a production enviroment with thousands of users that is going to burn the place down.

Maybe you could try to reduce the request doing ajax to the "shoutbox" only.

When i tried to enter http://beta.mudsaf.info then it listed your files, that is a small webserver configuration.

A index.php would be fine too, even if it is just the menu for now.

Hi, the first thing i noticed was how big is your header, if you see this forum's header is very small.

Also the page keep refreshing, i found the setting, 2 seconds is a very short time. Remember that the webserver is a computer that handles every request, in a production enviroment with thousands of users that is going to burn the place down.

Maybe you could try to reduce the request doing ajax to the "shoutbox" only.

When i tried to enter http://beta.mudsaf.info then it listed your files, that is a small webserver configuration.

A index.php would be fine too, even if it is just the menu for now.

1) Well it seems like W3schools header is around same size as this topic header. (The logo is large tho, but its under developement atm)2) Well i know pure ajax would be better but i think php is way more secured and i know php and love to learn it more by developing shoutbox. I've tried to decrease the network usage much as possible per load so atm it uses 1/3 KB per refresh time if there is no new shouts. Also i need to reduce my code and make it lightweight as possible.3) I know there is no index.php or any other files, but its developement release, but i agree displaying website folders looks bad.