[Help] Making a main index page

SomeoneSpecial99

Im trying to create a index file for my site that receives arguments like this: "someonespecial99.com/?p=pagenamehere"

The thing i need help with is getting the ?p= function, Can anyone help me with this please? thx

A simple example is to include a file:

simply:

include $_GET['p'] . '.php';

For security, there are restrictions, a simple way to restrict is to only allow a few names:

if(!isset($_GET['p']) {    $_GET['p'] = '';}switch($_GET['p']) {    case '';    case 'home':      include 'home.php';    break;    case 'about':        include 'about.php';    break;    case 'contact':        include 'contact.php';    break;    default:        // Send a 404 Not Found header        header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found');        include '404.php';}

A simple example is to include a file: simply:

include $_GET['p'] . '.php';
For security, there are restrictions, a simple way to restrict is to only allow a few names:
if(!isset($_GET['p']) {    $_GET['p'] = '';}switch($_GET['p']) {    case '';    case 'home':      include 'home.php';    break;    case 'about':        include 'about.php';    break;    case 'contact':        include 'contact.php';    break;    default:        // Send a 404 Not Found header        header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found');        include '404.php';}

Sorry, Im still kinda new at php so I have 1 problem that has arose This is the code i used:

<?phpinclude $_GET['q'] . '.php';if(!isset($_GET['q']) {  // $q=$_GET["q"];    $_GET['q'] = '';}switch($_GET['q']) {    case '';    case 'home':      include 'home.html';    break;    case 'about':        include 'about.php';    break;    case 'contact':        include 'contact.php';    break;    default:        // Send a 404 Not Found header        header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found');        include '404.php';}?>

And this is the error (DreamWeaver said syntax error aswell)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/someone1/public_html/index.php on line 3

Any help please?

btw: this file is currently hosted at http://www.someonespecial99.com/index.php

Edited by SomeoneSpecial99

I forgot a closing parenthesis, as astralaaron pointed out.

It was an easy mistake to find, given the error messages. Learning to debug error messages on your own is an important skill. It tells you exactly where the error is occurring so you can look there and see what's wrong.

if(!isset($_GET['q']) {in this line of the code there is a missing ")" : it should be: if(!isset($_GET['q'])) {

I forgot a closing parenthesis, as astralaaron pointed out. It was an easy mistake to find, given the error messages. Learning to debug error messages on your own is an important skill. It tells you exactly where the error is occurring so you can look there and see what's wrong.

Ok, now that I have raged at my debugging failure xD (I could see that problem but not see it ~_~)
I had a bug where the import occurred twice, But out of self debugging fixed it,
Thanks for all the help ;)