Sign in to follow this  
davej

Parallel Language Syntax Reference

This website is all about online web programming documentation. One thing I would like to see is a language syntax cross-reference. In other words you write occasionally in several different languages... but now you are trying to remember how to parseFloat -- it would be nice to have a table showing the various equivalent syntax of maybe Java, C#, Php, Javascript, ASP and maybe a couple more languages.

Maybe it is Double.parse() or Float.parse() or Math.parseFloat() or something else. Who can remember these details?

That's a really great idea actually +1 from me :good: , however, I can't even begin to imagine the shear magnitude of such a task :Shock: - it would most definitely require some contribution from the user community.

Personally, I just check the reference of the language I'm programming with. It's not that hard. W3Schools isn't a programmers reference, it's a web developers' reference, web developers usually don't need to deal with more than two languages.