Programming help! popup

bigmuddyfoot

Hey guys.

I need a little help. I am working on a site that is requiring me to do something a little fancier then i know how to do. let me explain.

When my web admin is loged in to there is and they are editing a page (say there home page) and they want to add content to there home page. They would do the following. (see picture attachment as well.)

Click the Add content div (div with a + symbol in it)

A Pop up comes up asking them what kind of content would you like to add. (text, picture. html)

User selects a option (text for this example) the popup window now changes to a forum input box (meaning the popup never closes just the content in the pop changes from option select to data input).

once the user has entered there data they click submit

the data is then added to the db and the popup closes and the user is brought back to there page they were working on which has the new content added to the page.

I would think this would have something to do with Jquerry or does php handle this?

Like i said this is all new to me and im trying to learn how to do this.

I would like to use PHP, jquerry, mysql and javascript my server does not support asp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-91140-0-42450400-1379962420_thumb.jpg

PS: sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, this just seamed like the best fit.

It's going to use all of those technologies. Javascript is the code that runs in the browser to change the page and do things like showing the popup, jQuery is a library written in Javascript to make tasks like that quicker to implement, PHP is what runs on the web server to process the form data and interact with the database, and MySQL is the database server.

Take it one part at a time. If you haven't looked into jQuery, then start with some jQuery tutorials. You might not be very successful with jQuery unless you are already familiar with Javascript, since jQuery is really just Javascript. Pay particular attention to ajax, ajax is how you exchange data with the server in Javascript without refreshing the entire page. With PHP, you'll need to focus at least on processing forms and interacting with the database.

Thank you for that information. I think i found something that will work. I found a script that will generate a popup window (new browser window) and allow me to navigate to other pages with in that page. so it handles everything i need and i can call action to the close() action to close it out when im done.

It's going to use all of those technologies. Javascript is the code that runs in the browser to change the page and do things like showing the popup, jQuery is a library written in Javascript to make tasks like that quicker to implement, PHP is what runs on the web server to process the form data and interact with the database, and MySQL is the database server.

Take it one part at a time. If you haven't looked into jQuery, then start with some jQuery tutorials. You might not be very successful with jQuery unless you are already familiar with Javascript, since jQuery is really just Javascript. Pay particular attention to ajax, ajax is how you exchange data with the server in Javascript without refreshing the entire page. With PHP, you'll need to focus at least on processing forms and interacting with the database.