Tables to CSS/div

areeb

Okay, I have two Question.I have a website which is based on Tables. I want to restructure my website to XHTML, CSS and DIV Based. My First Question is that is there any Software which can perform this action ???Someone told me that we can convert HTML to XHTML using Microsoft Frontpage, by applying XML Setting .... What about otherz ?Second QuestionI have a Tables, lets say having 3 rows and 4 columns >>> 12 Boxes having some values etc.If I want to create the same thing using CSS, Can we do It ???I dont want Tables to exist in my site.Thanks

Yes you make 12 boxes and position them. Never ever ever ever tell frontpage to code somthing for you. What it calls valid cross browser xhtml coding looks like this. (This is cut and paste out of front page)

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><title>New Page 2</title></head><body><p align="left">Yes you make 12 boxes and position </p><p> them. Never ever ever ever tell frontpage to code somthing for you. What it calls valid cross browser xhtml coding looks like this. (This is cut and paste out of front page)</p><p><span style="background-color: #FFFF00">you hink thats dirty look at when youchange colors and sizes</span></p><p><font color="#FF0000"><span style="background-color: #FFFF00">itshorrible!!!!!!</span></font></p><p><font color="#FF0000" size="7"><span style="background-color: #FFFF00">RunHide is the evil frontpage</span></font></p><p> </p></body></html>

you don't want your site coded like that!There is a program called tidy for turning html into xhtml. That won't change table to div but it will change <br> to <br />And next time you make a poll please search first there is already a tables vs css poll

Yes you make 12 boxes and position them. Never ever ever ever tell frontpage to code somthing for you. What it calls valid cross browser xhtml coding looks like this. (This is cut and paste out of front page) you don't want your site coded like that!There is a program called tidy for turning html into xhtml. That won't change table to div but it will change <br> to <br />And next time you make a poll please search first there is already a tables vs css poll

OK, Thanks, but what about that 3 Rows and 4 Column thing ?How can we do that in CSS ?