d1am0ndv0ic3

Hey guys,

I can't figure out why my top image on my table isn't working right. The bottom border won't show up and the image is clearly readjusting to something because the quality is awful when I put it into my coding, but it's fine on photobucket. I've adjusted the whole table size, the tr size, the td size, the padding and the margin on absolutely everything. I can't figure it out. Please help!

Page i'm struggling with:

audreyholmesmusic.webs.com/testhome.htm

Let me know if 'view source' doesnt work and you need the code.

I couldn't find anything wrong with any image in a table per se. but I did see a rather odd graphical glitch in div#footer in Opera. for some reason the background color and image would also render 1 pixel outside the border area (increase the border to something like 5px and change the background-color for body to black to make it more noticeable). changing various styles for the div and the table wouldn't seem to fix it. except for adding a border-radius on #footer with just a single pixel would correct it. pretty odd, and not sure if thats what s/he was talking about.

Edited by Hadien

Thanks for the reply! I was talking about the headerimg doesn't have a bottom border and the image keeps automatically resizing for some reason. The image is blurry and of low quality on my website, but in photobucket, it's compeltely fine. o.0

The header in photobucket:

http://s136.photobucket.com/user/_ac9/media/header_thin2_zps80a708bc.png.html?sort=3&o=0

compared to my site:

audreyholmesmusic.webs.com/testhome.htm

i don't know what's going on.

ps: thanks for the other pointers. :)

Well, the actual size of that image is 1024x260. On the webpage you have it sized to 1180x300 so you force the browser to resize the image. If want absolutely optimum results use Photoshop to resize the image. Don't expect the browser to accomplish on-the-fly image resizing as perfectly as Photoshop might do it.

Okay, i double checked the image and it's 1180x300. and in photobucket it's 1180x300 but you're right when I "inspect element" to see what's going on, it says it's original size is 1024x260. So I guess I'll just adjust my whole layout to max out at 1026 because I'm too new to this to spend time on that issue. :Bucktooth:

Do you have any idea why the bottom 1px border isn't showing up? That's making me go crazy...