website to mobile ready

divinedesigns1

hey is there a way to convert a website that is already up to be mobile ready also?

define "mobile ready", or at minimum your expectations of the phrase. The only thing that I can think of that would fall under mobile ready is adding responsiveness to a site.

Edited by thescientist

define "mobile ready", or at minimum your expectations of the phrase. The only thing that I can think of that would fall under mobile ready is adding responsiveness to a site.

ok lets try something else, how can i make my website compatible with devices such as phones, etc

Which parts of your website are not compatible? Do you have videos? Flash?

I'm trying to make it display as it should on a mobile device or tablet like how its being displayed on a desktop or laptop

I understand that. What I'm asking is what is different or broken on the mobile device that you want to fix. How does it look different?

the slide show is taking up the space for the testimonial and recent news also the buttons at the bottom are broken away from being inline and the menu buttons doesnt display inline

i know i need to change the menu buttons from pixels to percentage but my main problem is the slideshow that takes up the space for the news and testimonial

It's hard to guess without seeing the site, but maybe you need to set minimum widths for certain elements. If elements are ending up too small on the smaller screen then a minimum width would help that, but it's also going to cause scrollbars. If you want to avoid that then you'll need to change to a responsive design that will rearrange items on the page based on the available space. Bootstrap is the most popular framework that can handle a responsive design.

the slide show is taking up the space for the testimonial and recent news also the buttons at the bottom are broken away from being inline and the menu buttons doesnt display inline

i know i need to change the menu buttons from pixels to percentage but my main problem is the slideshow that takes up the space for the news and testimonial

The only thing that I can think of that would fall under mobile ready is adding responsiveness to a site.

http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/01/12/guidelines-for-responsive-web-design/

http://alistapart.com/article/responsive-web-design/

http://getbootstrap.com/css/

It's hard to guess without seeing the site, but maybe you need to set minimum widths for certain elements. If elements are ending up too small on the smaller screen then a minimum width would help that, but it's also going to cause scrollbars. If you want to avoid that then you'll need to change to a responsive design that will rearrange items on the page based on the available space. Bootstrap is the most popular framework that can handle a responsive design.

ok, and this is the site sept2013

You can see the issues if you just make the browser smaller, it's just an issue that the site doesn't scale down very well. Using a minimum width on the boxes on the right will cause them to wrap to the next line instead of staying over the slideshow. Removing the right margin on the bottom buttons or making the margin a percentage will squeeze them together more, but they are still going to wrap if the screen is too small. You can use your browser's developer tools to tweak the CSS styles that get applied to the various elements to see how they change when you resize the browser.

You can see the issues if you just make the browser smaller, it's just an issue that the site doesn't scale down very well. Using a minimum width on the boxes on the right will cause them to wrap to the next line instead of staying over the slideshow. Removing the right margin on the bottom buttons or making the margin a percentage will squeeze them together more, but they are still going to wrap if the screen is too small. You can use your browser's developer tools to tweak the CSS styles that get applied to the various elements to see how they change when you resize the browser.

thanks

didnt see this one, im reading the first link at the moment, thanks