Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

Forums

Hi,I was wondering if there is certain code you need to know to make forums, or if it's more like building tables with html and then using some kind of scripting language to make them work.

You would use HTML and preferably CSS for layout, and then a scripting language like PHP combined with mySQL databases for storing users and posts...

An easy way to set up a forum is to use something like phpbb, it's free and easy to set up.All you need is a server with php and mysql installed on it and it pretty much installs itself.-->nikosapi

Well, I currently use proboards forums, but I was thinking my site would be more professional if we made our own forum.

Good luck. Its always a good thing to make your own forums, I want to make one later on when I've mastered PHP a bit more. It'll take a tonne of tables, lots of coding and errors along the way. Don't expect to make an invision power board overnight...start small (just creating topics and replying) then add more things (editing, quoting, search) then the trivial stuff (smilies, layout).