Jail elements inside <DIV>?

I am going to design a webpage, which contains <div>(s) that allow users to submit their (X)HTML with CSS, and being inserted into those <div>(s). I understand it will suffer from XSS seriously, so I will use HTML Purifier to sanitise the (X)HTML and CSS. For instance, I will definitely not allow <script>, <iframe>, and external resources. But I wish to allow almost all other tags and CSS attributes. Here comes the question. I wish to keep client elements (visually) inside the <div>(s). I have tried a partial solution, by using position: absolute; and overflow: hidden;, as follow:

<html><head><style>div#jail {  position: absolute;  overflow: hidden;  border: 1px dotted red;  height: 200%; width: 50%;  left: 25%; top: 25%;}/* All client's CSS is ensured prefixed with div#jail */div#jail .client_code {  margin: 0;  position: absolute;  top: -8px;  z-index: 1000;}</style></head><body><div id="jail">  <p class="client_code">elements being jailed</p></div></body></html>

So far, I have successfully jailed <p> inside div#jail for most kinds of client's HTML elements and CSS, except position: fixed;.

div#jail .client_code {  position: fixed;  top: 0px;}

So, is it ok to only block position: fixed;, and the jail would be tough and valid? If there are any other ideas/design to achieve this, any solutions are welcomed! Thanks a lot!That is, if users use CSS position: fixed;, their elements could breakthrough the jail:

Can you upload pictures please of your current design and what you want it to look like.

This way I will be able to help you.

Thanks MarkT for willing to help. Here are the screenshots for the design illustration.

post-8945-0-48037300-1387554782_thumb.png

Firstly, the red dotted line is the "Jail". The purpose is to make any HTML codes with any CSS (prefixed with div#jail) to visually keep inside the box. As shown above, the line of text tried to move out of the box. However, because of overflow: hidden, it is just clipped. So nothing could escape the "Jail". This is good.

post-8945-0-66431200-1387554793_thumb.png

Secondly, if the position: fixed CSS is applied to the jailed elements, the result is that it can be shown outside the box - i call it a breakthrough of the jail. This is not good.

So, my question is, how to ensure everything are visually "jailed" inside the box? If position: fixed is the only CSS which can cause this breakthrough, i can just prohibit position: fixed and the Jail would be enforced.