Upload images to folders

unplugged_web

I'm trying to get a file to upload to a folder depending on which is different depending on what option the user has selected. The folder name is sent in the $designer variable but I'm not sure how to add it to code I've got.

$pic  = $_FILES['photo']['name'];$target = '/home/linweb22/f/domain.com/user/htdocs/new/designers/images/' . basename( $_FILES['photo']['name']);$temp_name = $_FILES['photo']['tmp_name'];$type = $_FILES["photo"]["type"];

I tried adding it to the target line so that it was like this:

$target = '/home/linweb22/f/domain.com/user/htdocs/new/designers/images/$designer/' . basename( $_FILES['photo']['name']);

But all I got was an error saying that the folder wasn't there. If I try adding it without the $designer variable then it submits okay but I do need it to be in a different folder depending on the option selected.

Thanks

try using double quotes so $designer is interpolated inside the string, or else concatonate all the parts together.

$target = '/home/linweb22/f/domain.com/user/htdocs/new/designers/images/' . $designer . basename($_FILES['photo']['name]);
Edited by thescientist

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I think I made a mistake in the original post, the target needs to be like this:

$target = '/home/linweb22/f/domain.com/user/htdocs/new/designers/images/designer/' . basename( $_FILES['photo']['name']);

I've tried doing it like this but it doesn't work:

$target = '/home/linweb22/f/domain.com/user/htdocs/new/designers/images/$designer/' . basename( $_FILES['photo']['name']);