Uploading Multiple Files with Long File NamesUploading Multiple Files with Long File Names

OtagoHarbour

I was not sure whether this question belongs here of in the PHP forum since my problem may be with one or the other or both.

I use the following html and php code to select and upload multiple files.HTML

<form action="uploadFiles.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">        <label for="file">Filename:</label>        <input type="file" name="file[]" multiple="multiple"/></br>        <input type="submit" name="submit[]" value="submit" />     </form>

uploadFiles.php

<?php        if(isset($_POST['submit']))        {           if ($_FILES["file[]"]["error"] > 0)           {                echo "Error: " . $_FILES["file[]"]["error"] . "<br>";            }            else            {                $numFilesUploaded=count($_FILES['file']['name']);                echo "No. files uploaded : ".$numFilesUploaded."<br><br>";                for ($inc=0; $inc<$numFilesUploaded; ++$inc){                    echo "File " . $inc . ": " . $_FILES["file"]["name"][$inc] . "<br>";                    echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"][$inc] . "<br>";                    echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"][$inc] . "<br>";                    echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"][$inc] / 1024) . " kB<br>";                    echo "Stored in: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"][$inc];                    echo "<br><br>";                }            }        }    ?>

If I select 2 files, each having names of character length 8, the code works fine. However, when I select files with names of character length 32, $_POST is an empty array. What is the best way to upload multiple files where the file names may be long?

I ran phpinfo() and it did indeed say "This server is protected with the Suhosin Patch 0.9.10 ..."

Some people have suggested that it may be a problem with the file size. However, I never get to even try to upload files since the names are not properly passed to the PHP code if the filenames are too long. Also, I have modified /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini to allow the upload of files larger than the files I am trying to upload. Also, I do not have this problem if I shorten the names of the files I am having trouble with.

Many thanks in advance for any help.