Is there a way to return a function name?

watagal

greetings,along the same thread of passing a function as an argument in another function, is there a way to get the name of the passed function as a string. Like:

function wrapper(func){    alert(func.name.toString);}

If the passed function was sayHello(), than the alert should display "sayHello".TIAWG

does this help, split the string before the (

<html><body><script type="text/javascript">str="sayHello()";chop=str.split("(");document.write(chop[0]);</script></body></html>

I don't think so. When I pass a function as an argument of another function, it is not a string, rather a reference to some code to execute. What I want is to get the actual name of the passed function.Thanks,WG

You and Scott have the right ingredients we just need to mix them differently.

function doThat(func, whom) {  var str = func(whom);  var temp = func.toString();  temp = temp.substring(9, temp.indexOf("("));  alert(str + ' was a result of the function '+ temp);  }

The question is.. would it be easier to just pass another argument as a string representing the function?Glad the other post worked out for you. :)

Thanks, that's the ticket! I wanted to do it this way (in lieu of passing the actual function name as a string) is that it is less maintenance down the road.Thanks so much!