how to get data from a table?

funbinod

i want to try an invoice script but got confused at one place.

how to get information from a database table with MANUALLY SELECTING 'WHERE' clause?

i wish a code be entered manually on a form and its details be displayed automatically.

attached is the file what i made and it describes what i wish to be.

please guide.

post-171081-0-95653500-1393814044_thumb.jpg

where's your code? what have you started? what are you stuck on?

didn't u see the image!? sorry for that. i think the attached image describes my problem.

sorry! i'vent attached my code. u might be more confused seeing my code :Bucktooth: . (coz m very fresh on coding) please try understanding from the image attached. if u still got confused, i'will post what i've written.....

thank u for kind reply.

Yes, I saw your image, and I do know what you're trying to do. Without the code, I can only guess. And guessing just isn't effective when you can just present code. So post the relevant portions of your code and be specific about the questions and the expectations.

If you need to learn SQL syntax, refer to the tutorials. Like the one here for the WHERE clause.

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_where.asp

In general, the practice of development is to do it in small, incremental, steps. In this case, I would

1. Start with the form on the front end and make sure it is correctly wired up and every input has a name attribute
  2. Then confirm that everything you submit in the form shows up in PHP, by outputting either $_GET or $_POST, depending on your forms method
  3. Then incrementally build up from the requirements, one step at a time. Make sure the previous step or small piece of functionality work before moving on to the next.