ASP.Net - GridView

BryanHood

I am using C# 3.0, and ASP.Net 2.0I have a GridView control, and I want to control the placement of the Edit/Update/Cancel buttons.I have set the AutoEventWireup property to false for the page.I then set the AutoGenerateEditButton property to false for my grid, and add a template column as this:

<asp:TemplateField>                <ItemTemplate>                    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" CausesValidation="false" CommandName="Edit" Text="Edit"></asp:LinkButton>                </ItemTemplate>                <EditItemTemplate>                    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton2" runat="server" CommandName="Update" Text="Update"></asp:LinkButton>                    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton3" runat="server" CausesValidation="false" CommandName="Cancel" Text="Cancel"></asp:LinkButton>                </EditItemTemplate>            </asp:TemplateField>

I then add my event Handlers in the OnInit function in the code behind:

override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)    {        this.DataBinding += new System.EventHandler(this.Detail_DataBinding);        this.dtlGrid.RowEditing += new GridViewEditEventHandler(dtlGrid_RowEditing);        this.dtlGrid.RowCancelingEdit += new GridViewCancelEditEventHandler(dtlGrid_RowCancelingEdit);        this.dtlGrid.RowUpdating += new GridViewUpdateEventHandler(dtlGrid_RowUpdating);        this.dtlGrid.RowUpdated += new GridViewUpdatedEventHandler(dtlGrid_RowUpdated);        base.OnInit(e);    }

When I click the Edit button, I do throw the RowEditing event, but the Cancel/Update events don't happen.I have also tried the same setup with the page property AutoEventWireup set to True.Does anybody have an idea why my events are not firing?Thank you, Bryan