Web Storage issues.

Joelthezombie15

So i am doing the web storage tutorial and its not working. i eve tried it in the text editor and it still wont work. it looks exactly the same (Unless im missing something) but it wont work.

heres my code.

<head>

<script>
function clickCounter()
{
if (typeof(Storage)!=="undefined")
{
if (localStorage.clickcount)
{
localStorage.clickcount=Number(localStorage.clickcount)+1;
}
else
{
localStorage.clickcount=1;
}
document.getElementById("result").innerHTML="You have clicked the button" + localStorage.clickcount + "
time(s).";
}
else
{
document.getElementById("result") .innerHTML="Sorry, your browser does not support web storage...";
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p><button onclick="clickCounter()" type="button">Click me!</button></p>
<div id="result"></div>
<p>Click the button to see the counter increase.</p>
<p>Close the browser tab (or window), and try again, and the counter will continue to count (is not reset).</p>
</body>
</html>

<!DOCTYPE html><head><meta charset="utf-8"><title>tab</title><script>window.onerror = function(m, u, l){alert('Javascript Error: '+m+'nURL: '+u+'nLine Number: '+l);return true;}</script><script>function clickCounter(){if (typeof(Storage)!=="undefined"){if (localStorage.clickcount){localStorage.clickcount=Number(localStorage.clickcount)+1;}else{localStorage.clickcount=1;}document.getElementById("result").innerHTML="You have clicked the button" + localStorage.clickcount + "time(s).";}else{document.getElementById("result") .innerHTML="Sorry, your browser does not support web storage...";}}</script></head><body><p><button onclick="clickCounter()" type="button">Click me!</button></p><div id="result"></div><p>Click the button to see the counter increase.</p><p>Close the browser tab (or window), and try again, and the counter will continue to count (is not reset).</p> </body></html>