What's the best book on: XML/DTD/XSL for beginner?

Guest Tecno

Guest Tecno

Hi friends,I'm starting to learn XML in school, I've got some experience of HTML already, but would like to find a good book for learning XML and XML related content and how to use it, like: XML & DTD & XSL, etc...A good book for me, would be one that pointed out the basics, but could go into some examples and teach some more specific/complex stuff also about using XML... :) Could anyone help out ? I know I could read the How To's and Tutorials on the site, but I just get a little bored, I much prefer reading a good book on my free time, on the sofa or my bed, than staring, reading text and code in front of a monitor... :) Call me crazy if you want ehehe :blink: So if anyone could point out from experience, which books helped out the most in learning XML/XSL/DTD I would really apreciate it ! :) Thanks

I haven't read a single book on XML or a related technology, but I use O'REILLY's reference in Dreamwaver 8. Because of that, I think he has great books and I definetly Reccomend them to you.XML in a nutshell- XML itself only. But technically speaking, it doesn't contain a single thing you can't learn from the tutorial on the site. Infact I may say they make it more complex then it actually is.As for XSLT and other, it's harder, simply because there are many books covering special areas. But the two books from which I have seen some material are theese:XSLT Cookbook- Contains solutions for a variety of XSLT problems you may encounter.XSLT Pocket Reference- I'm not sure if that's what I use in Dreamwaver, but it sure looks "handy".We are talikng books for learing though, so I think theese might be better:XSLT- Such a plain title. I have no idea what could it contain, but it's said that it's suppose to have tutorials.Learning XSLT- If you're going to buy something online, I think that's THE book you need.Oh, there are so many... just see all O'REILLY's XML books