How to solve refresh page problem?

rkrathor

I am facing a problem, Below is the codeHTML Code

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>Untitled Document</title></head><body><form id="abc" name="abc" action="" method="post"><table><tr><td>Name: <input id="name" name="name" type="text" /></td><td>Id:  <input id="id" name="id" type="text" /></td></tr><tr><td><input type="submit" name="save" id="save" value="Save" /></td><td></td></tr></table></form></body></html>

PHP code

<?php   if(isset($_POST['save']))   {   $name=$_POST['name'];   $id=$_POST['id'];    echo "<script type='text/javascript'>alert('check message: $name :- $id');</script>";    }   else   {   }   ?>

Step 1- Fill form and press save.Step 2- Get a alert message. press okStep 3- Now Press F5 (Refresh).Problem- Every time when i press F5 for refresh i am getting the old alert message, even before i fill the form and press save button.Can anyone tell me why this happening or is there any solution to get out of this?Thanks

Edited by rkrathor
  • Like 1

When you refresh the browser submits the form again. If you want to avoid that behavior, then after you process the form you need to use PHP to redirect the user. You can redirect them to the same page if you want, but redirecting them means that when they refresh they will refresh the redirected page instead of the form submission.That wouldn't really work in your situation though, because you want to show code after they submit. In your situation you wouldn't even need to use PHP, you could process that form with Javascript instead.

Hi justsomeguy,

Below are some message that coming , may it help to diagnose the problem.

if you run the code in Chrome it give message that is."Confirmation message.The page that you're looking for used information that you entered.Returning to that page might cause any action that you took to be repeated.Do you want to continue?"But in case of Firefox (if i press F5 only) it don't give any message and show the same alert message again and again.but If i press CTRL+F5 then it show the below messageConfirm dialogue box,"To Display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action ( such as a search or order confirmation ) that was performed earlier.Is there any solution to prevent this to happen?Thanks

Hi all,
i just change in the code and found working.
old code
echo "<script type='text/javascript'>alert('check message: $name :- $id');</script>";
New code
echo "<script type='text/javascript'>alert(''check message: $name :- $id''); window.location.href='same page';</script>";
thanks all for suggestion.