Radio Button onClick Response Help

paulm

Well, Specifically for Radio, the only thing that immediately comes to mind is using a <input type="reset"> button to empty the Radios. There may be more you can do for Radio that currently eludes me. It likely has a stronger impact on things you can't replicate (at least easily) via JavaScript like assistive technologies, as this link below seems to imply, though I don't know this first hand.

MDN How to Structure an HTML Form

Note that it's always possible to use a form widget outside of a <form> element but if you do, that form widget has nothing to do with any form. It can be convenient to use such widgets outside of a form but it means that you have to have a special plan for such widgets, since they'll do nothing on their own. You'll have to customize its behavior with JavaScript.

paulm, you should take a look at that link, it presents a number of use case examples that your users can take advantage of. Like using fieldsets to have browser read assistants properly read out information to the user.

With the nearly universal move to Ajax I'm not sure what to think of forms anymore. I had forgotten about reset, but you don't normally click on a reset button anyway. I guess HTML5 has some new auto-validation features that might need to be inside a form.

With the near universal move to Ajax I'm not sure what to think of forms anymore.

AJAX is a complement to forms, not a replacement of them.

Well, there used to be this idea that some people might have Javascript turned off, but more and more that is becoming a hopeless option.

Well, there used to be this idea that some people might have Javascript turned off, but more and more that is becoming a hopeless option.

It depends on whether your product is a client-side application or whether it's a server-side application. Imagine how it might be if this forum was purely Javascript-based. We get enough complaints about its functionality as it is.

MDN How to Structure an HTML Form

paulm, you should take a look at that link, it presents a number of use case examples that your users can take advantage of. Like using fieldsets to have browser read assistants properly read out information to the user.

Thanks again, seems <fieldset> is used to group like-fields within a form; draws a box around the fields. Disable is an option. Seems this could be useful in a long form with field set data you want to process without submitting the whole form. In the meantime attaching function to onClick method in a form seems to give a lot of functionality even when not submitting data to server/db.