Help with header

FateAce

Hey guys, this is probably a newbie topic, but I can't seem to get the header to work for a website I'm making. I want to have it the where the div tag (or any other tag if it's better suited) be flush with the sides of the screen, much like it is on this site, and many others, such as the face punch forums. I have have tinkered, fiddled, and even copied directly from templates, in an attempt to make it do this. Butt every time, theres ALWAYS a 10px gap to the left side of the box. I have done and researched all I can, and I still cannot figure out why this is happening. What do I have to do to make it work?

Also, sorry if I sound annoyed. I have been fighting this for almost 2 full days now with no results.

Edited by FateAce

The <html> and <body> elements usually have some margin or padding on them by default.

I usually put the following code in my stylesheets along with some other things:

html, body {    margin: 0;    padding: 0;}

The <html> and <body> elements usually have some margin or padding on them by default.

I usually put the following code in my stylesheets along with some other things:

html, body {    margin: 0;    padding: 0;}

That has fixed ALL my problems, thank you so much!