funbinod

if 'submit' do something is not working

i'm trying to get make query relating to the date selection. and if no date is selected, i want to make default query without date selection.

for this i tried this ----

// above this there is a form with two input fields for from date and to date selection with a submit buttom. action is $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']if (!isset($_POST['sort'])) {     // 'sort' is the submit button name$query = "SELECT * FROM tran WHERE ssn!=0 ORDER BY date";} else {	$fdate == $_POST['fdate']; // from date	$tdate == $_POST['tdate']; // to date$query = "SELECT * FROM tran WHERE ssn!=0 AND date BETWEEN '$fdate' AND '$tdate' ORDER BY date";}

but this is not working...

any suggestion!!!?????

You tried to use == to assign a value, that doesn't work. == is for comparison.

this means single = (or something else) would work?

single = is also not working.

if (!isset($_POST['sort'])) {$query = "SELECT * FROM tran WHERE ssn!=0 ORDER BY date";} else {$fdate = $_REQUEST['fdate'];$tdate = $_REQUEST['tdate'];$query = "SELECT * FROM tran WHERE ssn!=0 AND date BETWEEN '$fdate' AND '$tdate' ORDER BY date";}

it returns the query on if statement. but even after selecting the date it is the query from if statement (or simply the if, else statement is not working)..

Check what does $_POST['sort'] returns. Use var_dump()

Believe me, if statements in PHP work just fine. It is doing exactly what you are telling it to do. The value that you are checking in the if statement is true.

there is no reason not to believe u. i'm nothing in comparison to a php tycoon like u. i was just asking for other possible reasons for it.

and now i found it. shame on me. i just forgot to place method="post" into the form.

thank u for ur company.

Edited by funbinod