calendar project to update bottling database

Krone

Hi,

I'm looking to create a webpage that will display a bottling schedule from our database in a calendar format for easy viewing. That part I get and should be easy to do. Use some PHP run a query pull it up. But then what I would like to do is be able to rearrange the bottling schedule by dragging objects from one date to another. So for example, if on May 16th there was a Merlot bottling for 1000 cases, I could drag that to May 20th, and then it would change the database.

Again, I understand how to do that once the drag event has been triggered, but I'm not quite sure how to trigger the drag event. I'm thinking it will have to be Javascript for Jquery, but I'm not quite sure how it would work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anything interactive in the browser is Javascript. PHP runs on the server, not the browser. If they are interacting with an existing page without the page refreshing, all of that is Javascript. You can send ajax requests to the server to update the database without the page refreshing.

Ok, so I've made some pretty good progress, but for some reason, my table headers don't always line up.

http://thereal805productions.com/calendar/calendar.php

while ( $day_num <= $days_in_month )  {         $matched = false;         ?>                 <td>  <!-- this should be a table inside each date  -->                <table>                    <th> <div id = "<?php echo $myDate ?>" class = "droppable ui-widget-header" > <?php echo $day_num ?> </div> </th>                    <?php                    $result = $conn->query($sql);                    foreach ($result as $row) {                        // echo "row = " . $row['date'] . " and myDate = " . $myDate;                        if ($row['botdate'] == $myDate) { ?>                            <tr><td><div id = '<?php echo $row['id'] ?>' class="draggable ui-widget-content "> <?php echo $row['productId']; ?> </div></td></tr>                                                    <?php $matched = true; }  else if ($matched == false) { ?>                            <tr><td> </td></tr>                    <?php    }                                            } ?>  <!-- ends the foreach  -->                </table>            </td>  <!-- ends the table inside each date  -->        <?php         $day_num++;         $day_count++;        $myDate = strtotime("+1 day", strtotime($myDate));        $myDate = date("Y-m-d", $myDate);         //Make sure we start a new row every week         if ($day_count > 7)  {             echo "</tr><tr>";             $day_count = 1;             }    }  // ends the while loop