addEventListener

Matej

Hello gentlemen.

Im trying to understand addEventListener and i came to this script

<p id="lol" > hello world </p>

var g=document.getElementById("lol");g.addEventListener("click",myfunction(){alert(event.target);},false); 

but it does not work , i tried it with "true"(altought im not quite suire if i understand when to use false /true).

The problem is here: myfunction(){alert(event.target);}

To declare an anonymous function you use the function keyword. Simply function(){alert(event.target);}

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="utf-8"/><title>title</title><style>#lol{cursor:pointer;color:purple;}</style><script>window.onerror = function(m,u,n){alert('Javascript Error: '+m+'nURL: '+u+'nLine Number: '+n)}</script><script>window.onload = function(){document.getElementById("lol").addEventListener("click",function(e){alert('id: '+ e.target.id +'nelement: '+e.target.tagName +'ninnerHTML: '+e.target.innerHTML);},false);}</script></head><body><p id="lol">hello world</p></body></html>

I don't seem to be able to replace...

window.onerror = function(m,u,n){alert('Javascript Error: '+m+'nURL: '+u+'nLine Number: '+n)}

...with...

window.addEventListener("error",function(m,u,n){alert('Javascript Error: '+m+'nURL: '+u+'nLine Number: '+n)},false);

Are the error arguments standard?

Under the W3C model event handlers should take just one parameter that holds data about the event. This possibly also applies to the error event.

thanks , is there any difference between

function(e){alert(e.target);}

and

function(){alert(event.target);}

there is written the second case in documentation , but it does not work , but the first does.