Problem In Insert Opreration

hazem

If I manage to Insert Infomation to medicine table .....the Information go without insert into DateBase Addmedicine.php

<?phpinclude_once("../Include/connectionstring.php");include_once("../Repositories/Medicine.repo.php");if(isset($_POST['btnsubmit'],        $_POST['Id_Medicine'],        $_POST['Medicine_name'],        $_POST['Medicine_Level']))        {    $Idmedicine=intval($_POST['Id_Medicine']);    $MedicineName=strval($_POST['Medicine_name']);    $MedicineLevel=intval($_POST['Medicine_Level']);        $AddMedicine= new MedicineRepo();    $affectedRows=$AddMedicine->AddMedicine($MedicineName,$MedicineLevel);    $isDone = $affectedRows == 1;    if($isDone==TRUE)    $message="Operation Succeeded!";    else    $message="Operation Failed";}else$Message="ALL FIELD ARE REQUIRED";echo $Message;?>
Medicine.repo.php
<?phpinclude_once("../include/connectionstring.php");class MedicineRepo{function GetMedicine(){    $dbh=DBClass::GetConnectionString();    $sql="select * from medicine";    $stmt=$dbh->prepare($sql);    $stmt->setFetchMode(PDO::Fetchclass,'Medicine');    $stmt->execute();    return $stmt->fetchAll();    }            function AddMedicine($MedicineName,$MedicineLevel)    {    $dbh=DBClass::GetConnectionString();    $sql="insert into medicine(Medicine_name,Medicine_Level)values(:MedicineName,:MedicineLevel)";    $stmt=$dbh->prepare($sql);    $stmt->bindparm(':MedicineName',$MedicineName,PDO::PARAM_STR);    $stmt->bindparm(':MedicineLevel',$MedicineLevel,PDO::PARAM_INT);    $stmt->execute();    return $stmt->rowcount();    }          function DeleteMedicine($IdMedicine){     $dbh=DBClass::GetConnectionString();     $sql="delete from Medicine where Id_Medicine=:IdMedicine";     $stmt=$dbh->prepare($sql);     $stmt->bindparm(':IdMedicine',$IdMedicine,PDO::PARM_INT);     $stmt->execute();}    }?>

AddMedicine.php

Medicine.repo.php

Edited by justsomeguy

You're saying it doesn't update the database? What happens when you submit the form?

When I submit form ,information is sent but it doesn't insert into DB and doesn't show any message or error......just reload form without data

Edited by hazem

Are you submitting to the right place? The PHP code you showed doesn't show the form again, it just prints a message. PHP variable names are case-sensitive though, $message is not the same as $Message. If it is refreshing the form then you probably aren't submitting to that PHP page.

• Like 1

Are you submitting to the right place? The PHP code you showed doesn't show the form again, it just prints a message. PHP variable names are case-sensitive though, $message is not the same as $Message. If it is refreshing the form then you probably aren't submitting to that PHP page.

Is There anything wrong in HTML tags?

<html> <body> <fieldset><legend>Add Medicune</legend> <form method="POST" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data"> Medicine name: <input type="text" name="Medicine_name"/><br /> Medicine Level: <input type="text" name="Medicine_level"/><br /> <input type="submit" name="btnsubmit" value="Add "/> <input type="reset" name="reset"/> </form> </fieldset> </body></html>

Edited by hazem

There is no Id_Medicine, the form has no action so it's going to submit to the same page, and Medicine_level is not the same as Medicine_Level. So, the isset function in your PHP code will not return true. You should also remove the enctype unless you are uploading a file.

• Like 1

There is no Id_Medicine, the form has no action so it's going to submit to the same page, and Medicine_level is not the same as Medicine_Level. So, the isset function in your PHP code will not return true. You should also remove the enctype unless you are uploading a file.

Thank u very much for your reply ....

Id_medicine in DB is auto increment so I want to show Id without ability to insert to DB from User...Can you help me in this matter ?

I Will remove enctype from form tag but I don't know which page will be redirect in action property,,,,,,,

Id_medicine in DB is auto increment so I want to show Id without ability to insert to DB from User...Can you help me in this matter ?

It doesn't matter how the database is structured, look at this code:
if(isset($_POST['btnsubmit'],        $_POST['Id_Medicine'],        $_POST['Medicine_name'],        $_POST['Medicine_Level']))        {    $Idmedicine=intval($_POST['Id_Medicine']);    $MedicineName=strval($_POST['Medicine_name']);    $MedicineLevel=intval($_POST['Medicine_Level']);
And look at the form:
        <form  method="POST" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data">            Medicine name:            <input  type="text" name="Medicine_name"/><br />            Medicine Level:            <input type="text" name="Medicine_level"/><br />        <input type="submit" name="btnsubmit" value="Add "/>        <input type="reset" name="reset"/>        </form>
The PHP is checking for $_POST['Id_Medicine'], but the form doesn't have a field called "Id_Medicine". You're also checking for $_POST['Medicine_Level'], but the form doesn't have that name either. So, that isset statement will always be false, because you're checking for things that are not part of the form.