Wh wont this class work?

gregaryb

<table class="CartDetailsTable"> <tr><th width="33%"><b>Photo</b></th><th width="33%"><b>Description</b></th><th width="10%"><b>Price</b></th><th width="15%"><b>Quantity</b></th><th><b>Sub-totals</b></th></tr>

</table>

.ClientDetailsTable{ background-color:#C0C0C0; width:99%; border:thin black solid; border-radius:5px; }; .CartDetailsTable{ background-color:#C0C0C0; width:99%; border:thin black solid; margin-left:10px; border-radius:5px; }; class ClientDetailsTable works quite happily on another table but class CartDetailsTable wont work on the above table. I can however apply class ClientDetailsTable to the above table and it works happily.

If I swap the position of the two classes so that CartDetailsTable is the first one then it works while class ClientDetailsTable stops working.

What the bloody ###### is going on here????????

Is there some bizarre rule with CSS class naming that I don't know about?

Edited by gregaryb

Are any of the styles working? Is the table nested inside another element that could be overiding the class styles?

Are any of the styles working? Is the table nested inside another element that could be overiding the class styles?

What you see is what you get. I have not applied styles to the table other than through the classes.

I suspect I would be better off doing this with divs rather than tables. There seems like there is too much 'baggage' that comes with tables that seems to stuff things up unexpectedly.

BAD :(

.ClientDetailsTable{ background-color:#C0C0C0; width:99%; border:thin black solid; border-radius:5px; }; .CartDetailsTable{ background-color:#C0C0C0; width:99%; border:thin black solid; margin-left:10px; border-radius:5px; };

GOOD. :D

.ClientDetailsTable{ background-color:#C0C0C0; width:99%; border:thin black solid; border-radius:5px; } .CartDetailsTable{ background-color:#C0C0C0; width:99%; border:thin black solid; margin-left:10px; border-radius:5px; }