Age of people here

notclive

There's this topic which has our names, ages, etc.As for when did we start. Well, I started the last summer.

I'm a week shy of 27, I guess the first program I wrote was during my last years in high school (9-10 years ago) for a class that was teaching Turbo Pascal. That class was a joke, I got an A in the class by writing programs that made little line drawings on the screen and things. I guess before that I wrote some BASIC for my old TI-92, and then some sweet calculator programs on the TI-82. But Turbo Pascal was my first official programming course. Then in college I went through the computer science program and 5 and a half years and a lot of programming later, I got a degree in it, and for the last 3 years or so I've been doing a lot of PHP and ASP. The most recent thing I've learned is probably C#. I taught myself HTML starting in 1998 or so, and picked up Javascript and CSS along the way.

I'm a week shy of 27, I guess the first program I wrote was during my last years in high school (9-10 years ago) for a class that was teaching Turbo Pascal.  That class was a joke, I got an A in the class by writing programs that made little line drawings on the screen and things.  I guess before that I wrote some BASIC for my old TI-92, and then some sweet calculator programs on the TI-82.  But Turbo Pascal was my first official programming course.  Then in college I went through the computer science program and 5 and a half years and a lot of programming later, I got a degree in it, and for the last 3 years or so I've been doing a lot of PHP and ASP.  The most recent thing I've learned is probably C#.  I taught myself HTML starting in 1998 or so, and picked up Javascript and CSS along the way.

Woot for BASIC on the T-83!!!! :)

I am 19, almost 20, I've done BASIC for 4 years, almost 4 with HTML, and while I learned HTML I teached myself JavaScript, CSS, XHTML, PHP and MySQL. Never remembered when I started what, but in these last two years I've learned seven languages. Even without any trouble in understanding them.Nowadays I programm in PHP with occasional SQL, outputting: Xhtml in conjunction with CSS and importing some JavaScript in attributes if needed (rarely script elements). Beautiful combination :)

I am 24Started using computers = 18 months agoHTML/XHTML = 1 year agoCSS = 6 months agoDone a tiny bit of Javascript but not enough really say I have learnt it, I spent a couple of weeks playing around with it but then found it is mostly a waste, and I would be better learning a server-side language first such as PHP, same again I have done a couple of weeks playing around with it but then have been so busy I have not had chance to properly get stuck into it now I am doing SEO work for a few sites. But as soon as I get some spare time I will get stuck into learning some more PHP.

Im 14 and have been Using Flash versions 6 to 8 for 2 years :) (MX was poor! I LOVE YOU FLASH 8 <3) :) If im the youngest on here i will be quite spooked

Im 14 and have been Using Flash versions 6 to 8 for 2 years :) (MX was poor! I LOVE YOU FLASH 8 <3) :) If im the youngest on here i will be quite spooked

Nah, you're not. If memory serves, I once saw an 11 one posting. Regular posters under 14 are a rare view though.[edit] Not exactly. I said UNDER 14. 14 and older are a more often readers/posters.[/edit]

Nah, you're not. If memory serves, I once saw an 11 one posting. Regular posters under 14 are a rare view though.

:) YAAAY!Im special :)

Age 17HTML/CSS: 4 years agoPHP/MySQL/XHTML: 3 years agoASP.NET: 1 year agoPerl: 5-6 months agoXML/XSLT: a few days ago :)

Wow. I'm most impressed. Especially by what you have with XSLT for only "a few days ago" already :) . Not to mention that starting 4 years ago would mean that you started at the age of... 13? Where the h#ll have I been that time.

Wow. I'm most impressed. Especially by what you have with XSLT for only "a few days ago" already :) . Not to mention that starting 4 years ago would mean that you started at the age of... 13? Where the h#ll have I been that time.

lol...I started playing guitar when I was 15...one of my friends that was in our band got me started on HTML a few years later.

Hah, thanks. I don't know why I started so early, I think it was just boredom and that's where my interests took me. Video games to the internet, internet to programming. I created biogaming.net when I was 14 and that's how I got started with php and mysql. But that site died a long time ago and now I have unnaturalfusion.com which doesn't really have a main page it's just where I test all sorts of stuff. Maybe one day it'll have a main page :)

Age 22HTML: 8+ years xpCSS: 5+ years xpXHTML/PHP/ASP/ColdFusion/MySQL/SQL: 1 1/2 years xpJava: 2 years xp

lol...I started playing guitar when I was 15...one of my friends that was in our band got me started on HTML a few years later.

Guitar --> HTML. Wow, that must have brought quite the downfall/decrease in chicks. :)

You can either have chicks with guitar, or money with programming. But if you get enough money, you can get your chicks back. Doesn't work the other way though..Come to think of it, when I was playing guitar I was getting girls also.. I wonder how much money I need before my next chick. I want to level up.

18, but gonna be 19... my birthday is coming this thursday. (June, 1st) :) *sighs*lol, justsomeguy.