CSS working on FIrefox and not IE...?

Alyndar

Hello.I used dreamweaver 8 to create a CSS called .indextable. I then created .indextable:hover . The hover works on Firefox but not Internet Explorer. Why is that? How can i fix it?Here are .indextable and .indextable:hover :.indextable { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; color: #333333; background-color: #E71BB0; font-weight: bold;}.indextable:hover { font-family: Verdana, Ariel, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; background-color: #000000; color: #E71BB0;}You can find the site at http://www.djsebastienb.com/clubberso.htmlThank you for your helpAlyndar

Well it doesnt work because IE6 only supports hover on an anchor tag and you have it on a table, if you change this

<td width="140" height="25" class="index"><div align="center" class="index">accueil</div></td>

to something like this, where an anchor is located within the table:

<td width="140" height="25"><div align="center"><a href="#" class="index">accueil</a></div></td>

ps align:center is depricated.

I suggest the JavaScript way but in a conditional comment though. IE7 is going to have full :hover support, so isolating the JavaScript to start only for it is going to be crutual to performance on browsers that do have that support.

Thanks a lot for the help. When is IE 7 coming out? is it worth changing the hover to javascript or should i just wait for everyone to have to upgrade to IE 7, knowing that ill finish my web site only by september or december 06?

Not all the people will upgrade to IE7 because of IE6 friendly interface and the fact that people are used to it. Thats why to make a perfect web site you have to make sure that it works well in major browsers like IE, Firefox, Opera.

Thanks a lot for the help. When is IE 7 coming out? is it worth changing the hover to javascript or should i just wait for everyone to have to upgrade to IE 7, knowing that ill finish my web site only by september or december 06?

Found this awsome site that solves this problem with javascript without those darn annoying 'onmouseover' and 'onmouseout' scripts that you had to add to each element you want to change. You can now use the css :hover element without that a (anchor), best thing about this, is that it works great in IE. Don't know how the heck this guy did it but it's awsome!Ready?...Bang! http://annevankesteren.nl/test/examples/css/htc/hover.htm:)