ordered list

angstock

Hi,

I am new to HTML. Just try to create an ordered list into unordered list in my website. First picture is what I want to see in my website. However, it doesnot show as this in the actual website (second picture). I tried different explorers, IE, firefox and Chrome. All give same outcome. so how to solve this problem? Thank you.

By the way, the followings are my code:

<font size = "4"> Content </font> <a name="top"> </a> <font size = "3"> <ul> <li><a href = "#graph">Graph</a> <ol> <li><a href = "#dd">dd-Graph</a></li> <li><a href = "#dt">dt-Graph</a></li> </ol> </li> <li><a href = "#speed">Wave Speed</a></li> </ul> </font>

post-175132-0-81235800-1406190099_thumb.jpg

post-175132-0-24204000-1406190101_thumb.jpg

Have you tried looking at the source code of the website where you took the first screenshot?

Just an idea, as it would give you a clue as to what they have done, whether they have ended the unordered list and then continued it afterwards, or alternative options.

no.. this is the whole code as it is written by me..

Have you tried looking at the source code of the website where you took the first screenshot?

Just an idea, as it would give you a clue as to what they have done, whether they have ended the unordered list and then continued it afterwards, or alternative options.

But it works well in my editor.. which is the first picture. But it doesnot show so in explorer. that is why I cant figure out the problem.

The only thing I can think is that you have some css already applied. If so, look for css resets. Odds are that the margins and padding are set to zero.