How do I stop IE8 from placing 7 tabs in my textarea element

confused and dazed

Hello Internet,

I have a basic textarea element written as follows:

<textarea name="contact_feedback" id="contact_feedback" value “” rows="4" cols="26" style="border: 0px solid #000000;"></textarea>

My dilemma is that Chrome/Safari they don’t place 7 tabs in the textarea when the window loads but IE8 does. Can I use in-line CSS or something else to eliminate these tabs when the window loads?

Thanks!

Textarea tag does not use value attribute, JavaScript uses .value for manipulating content between open and close textarea tags. I don't know what exactly you mean by tabs? the width and height is controlled by cols and rows by default, but can be overriding using css.

JamesB -

WOW I guess some of the things I do out of habit effect my code more than I realize. I like to close containers/objects underneath and IN-LINE with opening containers/objects. Like this:

<open div1>

<open div2>

<open div3>

<open object>

</close object>

</close div3>

</close div2>

</close div1>

Thanks for this - I placed the closing tag right at the end of the opening tag and there are 0 tabs now when the window loads! By the way I just forgot to add the equals when writing out this post.... THANKS again!

dsonesuk - I'm guessing you understand now based on JamesB statement and my response.

Edited by confused and dazed