DataBase with html5

GoldSoft

There are some libraries written in Javascript that use localStorage as a client-side database, such as this one: http://nadh.in/code/localstoragedb/

If you only know jQuery and not Javascript I recommend you start learning Javascript right now.

I don't believe there's a client-side database that uses the same exact interface as sqlite does but what's important should be storing and manipulating the data and the interface shouldn't matter.

I haven't had a need for a client-side database in my projects. All my data is stored on the server.

Say, if I didn't want to put up with host provider, would it cost a lot to do it myself? Edited by L8V2L

It doesn't have to cost anything, but I would not recommend it. Do you want to learn about server administration and security next? Are you going to be hosting on a static IP address with a decent internet connection that isn't going to filter your traffic?

It doesn't have to cost anything, but I would not recommend it. Do you want to learn about server administration and security next? Are you going to be hosting on a static IP address with a decent internet connection that isn't going to filter your traffic?

...maybe... I hear to many bad --from one soruce-- reputation on host provider.