color entire content

I think he means with the code like----

<div style="color:#F00">   // edited    <h1>Hello World</h1></div>

it will work if you put <div> inside <h1>. like ---

<h1><div style="color:#F00">   // edited    Hello World</div></h1>

but I suggest, when u r using style to a <div> or <p> or whatever, you need not to use <h1> or <h2> or whatever. just extend ur style with font:size; font-weight or whatever u need.....

Edited by funbinod
  • Like 1

???? More confused now, If you set color (note: style="color:#F00;" NOT style:"color:#F00;") stying to parent div all child element will adopt parent color unless h1 has somehow been given a color styling with higher precedence as when used along with a id reference, which we will never know unless the html and css styling is provided so we don't as said from the start GUESS!

<div class="content row">
<div class="large-8 large-centered columns">
<h2>Lorem ipsum</h2>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit. Omnis, deserunt, ipsam, magni ex architecto id harum repudiandae cumque modi dolorum obcaecati tempora eius ad et perferendis ratione eum mollitia adipisci.</p>
<a href ="#0" class="button readmore">Citeste tot</a>
</div>
</div>
and i put the next css
.content {
position: relative;
z-index: 4;
color: #fff;
text-align: center;
padding-top: 5%;
}
why i need to put ( .content h2 {color:#fff;} ) to transform my h2 white?

Because it is, it seems, using a grid system, it is probably using css selector somewhere that has a higher precedence than your current css styling, if you look at the header within firebug it should show the selector styling the header, you then have to use the same selector, that is positioned lower than current as the styles are applied, OR give it a selector that would give it a totally higher precedence over current.

Edited by dsonesuk
Hi try this code, by changing below div color value entire elements (exclusive of anchor) color will be change. What is ur problem exactly?
<html><head><style>
.B {color:#FF0909;} // put A instead of class B
</style></head>
<body>
<div class="A">
<div class="B">
<h1>Lorem ipsum</h1>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit. Omnis, deserunt, ipsam, magni ex architecto id harum repudiandae cumque modi dolorum obcaecati tempora eius ad et perferendis ratione eum mollitia adipisci.</p>
<a href ="#0" class="button readmore">Citeste tot</a>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>