Recommended Package

Scotty

I have recently started designing webpages using web easy, the only thing is it is very hard to edit the code in the piece of software.

I am learning HTML, CSS , Jquery, Javascript etc at the moment and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good package that allows me to use a click & drag actions as well as viewing, editing and producing the executable code easily. I have a programming background so I am not completely new to coding as it were.

I have looked at dream weaver but it looks a tad complex for my needs.

Cheers in advance

There's all kinds of front end programs, but that's usually not how coders code. Almost every coder I know use a text editor like sublime or notepad++ and the developer tools available in browsers.

There's no click-and-drag type editor for HTML pages that will produce valid code that works correctly in all browsers because browsers are all different and you have to code taking all kinds of details into account.

There are many text editors that help with syntax highlighting, code completion, indentation and other things. I use an editor called Notepad++, but there's also SublimeText, conTEXT and many others. Dreamweaver is Adobe's solution to web page creation but it's very expensive and a lot of amateurs make the mistake of using its visual editor and internal preview engine which might look right in the editor but then doesn't work in real browsers.