and i'm back

virtualadz

i got my topic 4920, now what i want is to have the url straight awayaswww.site.com/subfolderinstead ofwww.site.com/subfolder/index.phpby typin in the address bar one can easily get to that page, but how do i make it in the php pagedefine('FILENAME_FILE', 'subfolder/index.php');trying to remove the index.php from above doesn't do any good, any ideas?thanks

you can do this via the .htaccess file.butwhenever you type inwww.somesite.com/subfolderit should automatically find the index page in there, whatever file extension it has, htm, php, asp etc..i dont understand fully your problem though.are you saying whenever you type in www.site.com/subfolder, nothing happens even though theres an index page in the folder??

ah, you understood it slighty different: when typing it (www.site.com/subfolder) in the address bar it shows, but i want to link it from my page. i have a index.php file already there.now in my reference php file it is as:define('FILENAME_FILE', 'subfolder/index.php');i tried it doing what was of no help:define('FILENAME_FILE', 'subfolder');there's no prob, in getting it from the addrees bar of a browser, i need it get from my file/page. hope i was clear