Hey Gurus! Got 3 questions for You about YouTube!

koolx

Hey you gurus!! I got a peoblem I need help with on youtube. Please see attached pic.

1) In the red circle numbered 1, when I highlight a work in the drop down, it highlights the line but not the back of the words. How do I highlight the back of the words?

2) In the red circle numbered 2, what code changes the pink color of the words to another color?

3) In the red circle numbered 3, what code changes the color of the background of the drop down?

Looking forward to hearing from you gurus!!!

post-177860-0-87907800-1417205141_thumb.jpg

Edited by koolx

All of those are controlled by CSS rules that are defined somewhere. I couldn't guess where they are defined or what rules they are just by seeing a screenshot though. But you can use your browser's developer tools to inspect any HTML element in order to see all of the CSS rules that apply to it and where they are coming from.

All of those are controlled by CSS rules that are defined somewhere. I couldn't guess where they are defined or what rules they are just by seeing a screenshot though. But you can use your browser's developer tools to inspect any HTML element in order to see all of the CSS rules that apply to it and where they are coming from.

Hi, justsomeguy. Please looki at the attached code. I appreciate your help.

There's no attached code. Are you using your developer tools to figure out which rules are applying to those elements?

Wow! I swear to god that I had attached it. Attached is the file. As to dev tools, I think the element may be, '#masterhead search-items'. But I'm not sure. Anyway, maybe its best to just insert a brand new code to into my code to make these changes. If you know what codes can do this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

contrastwb 11-28-14.txt

The point I'm trying to make is that you can use your developer tools to figure this stuff out so you don't have to guess. You can right-click and inspect any element to see what it is and get the CSS selector to target it, and you can also see all of the CSS rules that apply to it and where those rules are coming from (which files and lines). You can even edit the CSS directly in the developer tools to see what the changes would do. Once you have it looking like you have it there then you can make changes to the files to have it stick.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can use your developer tools to figure this stuff out so you don't have to guess. You can right-click and inspect any element to see what it is and get the CSS selector to target it, and you can also see all of the CSS rules that apply to it and where those rules are coming from (which files and lines). You can even edit the CSS directly in the developer tools to see what the changes would do. Once you have it looking like you have it there then you can make changes to the files to have it stick.

Can you please show me how to do this? So far when I bring up Inspect Element, I see on the right pane the CSS codes. I can change some of the elements. But some of these elements I cant change. I don't know whay. Can you please show me how to do thia? Thank you.

I'm not sure what you're describing, I can change any rules that it shows. I can add CSS rules or disable them. Which browser are you using?

I'm using Opera version 12.16. I think I got it figured out now. But thanks for the help. If I need anything, I'll let you know. Again, thanks for the help man.