Web services

Jack McKalling

But I think "web services" consists of much more than only xml program like things :)Think of a service that gives programmers the perfect interface for creating webpages, or a tutorial for how to create a membersystem, loginsystem and a registersystem :) There is so much more that can be put in there in that forum :)

No, the mods are not able indeed. But the admin is, so we'll just wait untill he has the time to read and follow this :)This forum ir to not have to PM the admin, while he is probably too busy to check all his messages.

You never read the "Web services" tutorial, did you? What "Web Services" refers to is SOAP and WDSL messages, used for communication between applications, allowing them to exchange dynamical data (unlike SQL which could be used across domains if you know the password, yet it allows only extraction from a database, instead of dynamical generation). Theese communication protocols use XML syntax, so that's why they belong in the XML forums.The problem is there isn't a forum for "Web Servers" (NOTE THE SPELLING PEOPLE!!!) and because of that, people misuse the Web Services forum A LOT. Not to mention that "Web Services" isn't such a frequently used extra yet, so people post for what they think should be there, unaware of what it actually is.[edit] Yeah, I know there isn't. If I was actually offensive to anything, it was exactly because there isn't any other explanation. [/edit][edit] No I wasn't Dan. Beginning a post with a rithorical question doesn't mean offense, believe me :). It's more of a sign of confidence :) . [/edit]

Edited by boen_robot

The Web Services section will remain in its present location since XML is the underlying logic used in the service.

[edit] Yeah, I know there isn't. If I was actually offensive to anything, it was exactly because there isn't any other explanation. [/edit][edit] No I wasn't Dan. Beginning a post with a rithorical question doesn't mean offense, believe me :). It's more of a sign of confidence :) .  [/edit]

boen_robot, you never read the "How to Post Online Politiely" thread did you? You are an incredible resource to this forum and I encourage you to keep up your accurate and well supported posts. Please do understand, however, that you do not have control over how something is interpretted. If some says they are offended by a comment, you cannot just dismiss it by saying that your comment was not offensive - its all subjective. Furthermore, rhetorical questions are quite easily and often misinterpretted - just like the one I intentionally used to begin my reply. They are often taken like a quick cheap shot - a slap in the face if you will. If that comment were excluded from your post, then the topic would have pretty much been done and over with.I can understand how you might become defensive when something you feel is so remotely offensive is taken with offense. I've been there a hundered times. All you can do is say that it was not your intent at all, and then move on. I'm not asking you to change anything you do or say, just keep two things in mind (and this is for EVERYONE too):a.) language barriers will often be factors in this discussion board - one reason why jokes and sarcasm are asked to be kept at a minimum.b.) if you did something to upset/offend someone just say you're sorry and mention that it was not your intention - there is no need to try to defend one interpretion to another, just keep things in a positve light and direction.Again, I have to emphasize that you are an incredible asset to the board and it is unfortunate that you are at the center of this obvious misinterpretation. But the topic question at hand has been answered and this little episode is behind us. If Dan feels an apology is needed, then lets just finish this in PM.Keep up the excellent work guys.

Sigh... now that's over with, and this topic is practically over, could it be locked or something?*Trows the keyboard behind with the fear he might otherwise turn the small spark into a fire he doesn't wish to see burning his flesh :) *