about the test

Guest moonfire

Guest moonfire

Well just to say what a great help this is and I love it although I did find it frustratating when I got wrong answers but there wasn't any clue to what the really answer was, maybe you could update it so if someone does the quiz they will be able to see where they have gone wrong. Thanks

It may be better (from a learning standpoint) to associate each question with a particular tutorial section or page, and direct the user to the appropriate sections for further study. I work for a company that develops a lot of Flash-based online training pieces, and one thing we do is give people direction on what to study if they miss certain questions.

I agree...it would be more benifical to the user than if they were just givent he answer.That reminds me ofone of the classes in college I took. It was Cisco CCNA 1. All the testing was done online with all questions being multiple choice.At the end of the test your score was recorded and you were given the answers to the questions you got wrong. That is not so bad but our teacher allow us to re-take our 4 worst tests (crazy).So at the end of the semester everyone just studyied the answer keys they received at the end of every test and retook the 4 lowest tests. The re-takes were identical to the orginal tests. Needless to say everyone did very well on test scores.

I did a CISCO course aswell, IT Essentials i think :) I was very impressed with there online course and test. When you had finished the mock tests and answered any of the questions incorrectly you where given a link to the specific sections, this allowed you to see what areas you were weaker and needed to study harder. I agree this should be added to w3schools.com. :)

I'm not sure I see the point. When you finish taking a quiz, you can click "Check Answers" to see your right and wrong answers. So what more should be added? The right answer? Hm... maybe... I would much rather prefer going through the tutorial again just to verify my knowedge, then to be spoon served after I've got it all wrong. When it's a course, seeing the right answers is good, because you are limited to time and you pay, but with W3Schools you don't have that.

When you finish taking a quiz, you can click "Check Answers" to see your right and wrong answers. So what more should be added? The right answer?
Not just the right answer but a link to that specific section in the tutorial. So that you can go over the areas where your knowledge is weaker and prepare to take the quiz again, hopefully then passing those sections. :)

I'm saying don't even give them the right answer, and maybe don't even tell them what they missed. Say they take a 10-question quiz, answer 9 of them right, so you tell them that they got a 90% and give them a link to the section that is associated with the 1 question they missed. They can go re-read the section, come back and take the quiz, and hopefully get them all right.

It may be better (from a learning standpoint) to associate each question with a particular tutorial section or page, and direct the user to the appropriate sections for further study.  I work for a company that develops a lot of Flash-based online training pieces, and one thing we do is give people direction on what to study if they miss certain questions.

FLASH WEBSITES ######sorry.. its true though
I'm not sure I see the point. When you finish taking a quiz, you can click "Check Answers" to see your right and wrong answers. So what more should be added? The right answer?
I agree

FLASH WEBSITES ######sorry.. its true though
Flash websites do ###### (note: if you ever have a client who demands an all-Flash site, remind them that macromedia.com is HTML). But my employer does not build websites, they get contracted to build interactive online training, and when you need animation, interactivity, audio, and video in a format that most PCs already support, the answer is Flash. Even though the Macromedia developers and executives who came up with ActionScript deserve to be bludgeoned about the face and head.Here you go, learn all about how to do a root canal and have Dave tell you how cool our company is:http://tracorp.com/webcontent/00_root/flash/ENDODONTICS2.swf(I'm not sure if that contact form at the end works, I recently set up a new server and I need to make sure that still works)That particular lesson won a silver medal in an international competition. But it's not a website, it's more of a Flash application. Most of the training pieces are not even publicly available, depending on who hires us. The Air Force Air Mobility Warfare Center, for example, uses a lot of our training to teach their cargo personnel how to load a plane without tipping it over, fun things like that (side note: the Air Force is a much, much more laid back and fun organization to work with than most large corporations are).But even with all this knowledge, I would never recommend building an actual website for public consumption in Flash. Google is getting better at indexing Flash movies, but there is still a ways to go.

I'm saying don't even give them the right answer, and maybe don't even tell them what they missed.
Maybe, considering there are only 20 static questions this could be ok, but for a bank of say 100/200 where 20 are randomly chosen i think it's good to see the correct answer plus link. :)

That's exactly my point. There are places where spoon feeding after tests is a good thing, but that's not W3Schools' quizes. W3Schools' quizes have 20 questions each and the questions are NOT gathered from a large database. They remain the same and in the same order even. Only the order of their answer changes.When you have only 1 or a few incorrect answers, you can look into the reference or the tutorial. You'll know what to look for, scince you know which question you've got wrong. If you are allowed to self explore, yet being provided the whole information you'll need, your knowedge could become a lot more solid, then with spoon feeding. True, that's not the case when learning the language and that's why tutorials with great examples exist. But we're talking a degree when you know the basics, and you are shaping up your knowedge.