PHP in MAC

RaRa3

hello i have a problem i just want to run a simple php code, it use to work but i think once i updated to Yosemite something changed im not sure. So i want to create a php code that links with a database, but right now im doing a test code and i get nothing. I use XAMPP and i turned everything on and i used netbeans and set a php file hit run and i get "Object Not Found!" what is there i need to do? I know in XAMPP there PHP extension that can be turned on but when i use terminal to enter the code lines i get command not found. I need help please i just want to run right now this code:

Edited  by RaRa3

I think you are opening it directly as a file without running it through the apache server.

Try opening the file with localhost/first.php. at least that´s how it works on windows

Edited by Stemar
  • Like 1

Glad to help. And no, there is no other way as PHP must be 'traslated' by a server to HTML and that's what your browser will show to you!EDIT: buying an actual server will do the job too but I suponse that has no sense for only practicing.

Edited by Stemar
  • Like 1